St. Jacob Lutheran Church Anna COVID-19 Guidelines for Worship
These guidelines will be updated continually. The safety of our members is our upmost priority. If you do not feel that you are ready to return to the church building, we will continue to have services available on our website and YouTube. Come back when you feel ready. We must be aware that with Pastor David’s medical condition that we must practice social distancing! We will have services beginning July 5, 2020 with one service only at 9am. As the summer progresses, we may return to our 2-service format.
Maintain good hygiene practices at all times.
- If you or anyone in your family groups feels ill, please skip church that week to let your illness play out. Better to be safe, you can always view the service online.
- We encourage you to use the Hand Sanitizer Stations at the entrance while entering & leaving the building. Hand sanitizers will be available in the restrooms as well on the main floor.
- Face mask or face covering are required while in the church building. This is for your protection and especially for Pastor David’s! We have some mask available if you did not bring one.
Exceptions: Pastor or lay leaders who are socially distanced from the congregation, while delivering service or readings from the lectern, pulpit, or altar.
- Please do not congregate at the back of the sanctuary. Please take a seat as soon as you enter the church.
- Please follow markings on floor and pews to help with social distancing. Please sit in family groups as much as possible. This means you may not be able to sit in your “normal” pew.
- The basement, balcony, and office areas along with the drinking fountain will be closed off during the service.
- We will not be passing the peace or having children’s sermon.
- No singing of hymns or responses from the congregation. ONLY the hymn sing leaders will sing hymns.
- Offering plates and bulletins will be located at the back of the church.
- At the end of the service deacons will dismiss you by pews so that we do not have problems with social distancing please follow their directions. With summer beginning, if you wish to say hello to someone, we ask that you do so outside of the building,
- Church doors to the outside will be open before and after services (weather permitting) to limit touching the handles.
- All surfaces will be sanitized after services, including all door handles, restrooms, and sanctuary.
- If you or a family member test positive for Covid-19 and attended church services, notify the church office immediately. Under this circumstance, we will notify the congregation so those who may have been “close” to the positive person can keep aware for symptoms and possibly get tested or self-quarantine for 14 days. This allows the church to implement what is called “contact tracing” or give people a heads up they may have been near or close to a positive Covid-19 patient. We will be using Pew Pads to keep track of those in attendance for this purpose. Most workplaces are already doing this.
- Note that all congregates, and guests enter the building and attend services at their own risk during the Covid-19 pandemic. St. Jacob will adhere to all local, state, CDC, and national health guidelines.
Approved by Church Council June 15, 2020
Updated: June 29, 2020
Please check for updates often. If you have any questions or concerns, the church office will remain open. Please email or call us if youneed anything.
RE-OPENING DATE AS BEEN SET FOR JULY 5, 2020 WITH ONE SERVICE AT 9AM.
Taping of worship services will still be available every Sunday. Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.
- If you would like to continue your giving you may give through Vanco and if you have questions, please call the church office. The church office can also set up Vanco for you. Just click on the Donate Online tab on the website and follow the directions. You can also mail your contribuations to the church at P.O. Box 434, Anna, OH 45302
to all who have been continuing their God gifts by mailing, dropping them off at the churchor setting up Vanco to continue your giving.
What a blessing!